Monday, July 13, 2009

Yoooooooo Gabba Gabba!


Check out this 'snappy' tee that I just made for Ethan! I saw this idea on Martha a few weeks ago, thought it was cute and filed it away in my crafting memory bank. The idea is to make simple shapes out of felt and sew half of a snap closure to the back of the shirt and half to the tee so that you can interchange the characters. Martha made hers with cupcakes, frogs, etc. I thought hers were cute, but too 'baby' for my big boy so I didn't think twice about the design....



...until.... I got an email from Kristal asking me to brainstorm on an idea for a cute Oswald tee for her niece's birthday (for those of you that are not hip to the Noggin scene, Oswald is a cute blue octopus cartoon that is voiced by Fred Savage). Kristal had planned on buying an iron-on transfer and putting it on a cute girly tee. Now, for most novices ;) that would be a fine gift but why not craft it up a notch?! What about an Oswald snappy tee?!! My mind was racing and I couldn't stop obsessing over the idea! I wanted to make a prototype for myself (well, for Ethan) but I needed characters that were simple, colorful and something he really liked. The Wonder Pets probably would have been his first choice, had I asked, but the characters are too detailed so I thought a bit longer and came up with the 'manly' characters from Yo Gabba Gabba! Meet Plex, Brobee and Muno!

1 comment:

Our Own Special Way said...

Bravo! It looks great! Can't wait to get to work! Thanks for all your obsessive brainstorming ;-) Lol!