I've been working on a new layout and font for my big brother tees. Instead of going with my instinct (and the fabric I quoted), I thought I had a better option. When I got the applique cut out, I didn't like the print on the tee so I went back out to the fabric shop to pick up a different print. I found another print and I loved how it coordinated, but as I appliqued it on to the shirt, I convinced myself that the words weren't legible. Finally, three days later and another trip to the fabric store I got it right! Here are the iterations of this design:
The first option, cute print but not enough contrast against the blue:
Second, the print was too big and busy and the letters blended into one another:
The final option (which ironically was originally the first option) Maybe there is another lesson in all this....At any rate, Matteo, I think you'll be a fabulous big brother and I'm glad that my obsessiveness didn't prevent you from getting your shirt in time for the big day!